Friday, March 31, 2017

Chapter 9 ~ Having a Babymoon!

In my first trimester, I was lucky to get out of bed and go to work. I was exhausted all the time! The couch became my favourite place, my happy place.

Coming into my second trimester, it really changed. Don't get me wrong, I still liked a good nap! But I had a lot more energy. So, my husband and I decided to plan a trip!

The unfortunate part is we don't really watch or follow the news. So, we made plans for a resort in the south. We booked a last minute deal. We were a few weeks away when we learned of the zika virus.

Yup, I know, it was all over. But we weren't listening or paying attention. Needless to say, we did not travel south. It wasn't worth the risk.

Instead, we decided to support Canada and go to our favourite place, Niagara Falls.

It was beautiful! June was warm and sunny, we had the perfect weather! We walked along the Falls, battled in the Arcade, enjoyed Starbucks (multiple times!), crossed the border to buy maternity clothes at Target (that's right - I miss it!), dined out at great restaurants, saw a show, and I went to the Spa. It was bliss!

Honestly, a "Babymoon" is something I highly encourage. Take some time away for the two of you to rest, have an adventure, and enjoy each other's company. So much changes so soon and the last months can be busy with preparations. Make sure you take some time for you and your spouse! Connect, talk, and try and forget about the bump in front of you. Save the baby talk. Just focus on the two of you.

Where you go is up to you. You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a great time! Go camping or to a cabin in the woods if that's your thing. But take a few days at least and get away.

If you want to go to Niagara Falls, here are a few suggestions:

Clifton Hill
Feel like a kid again and check out all the fun that Clifton Hill has to offer! Battle it out in the arcade, go bowling, play mini-golf (indoor glow-in-the-dark or outdoor with dinosaurs), check out Ripley's Believe-It-Or-Not, etc. There's so much to do and see!

21 Club Steak & Seafood
The dining room is beautiful, the food is amazing, and when I asked, they brought me a large glass of cold milk! I didn't really have cravings when I was pregnant, but I loved a cold glass of milk. It's very refreshing!

The Spa
Whether you stay in their hotel or not, by booking at the spa that day you get access to the pool and gym. In the Spa there is a steam room, sauna, and hot tub (used them before, not for this trip.)

There is a private lounge with fresh fruit, yogurt, and other snacks. They also have hot beverages and fruit and veggie infused water options. The change room facilities are first rate. The staff is excellent, the service is amazing.

And yes, they have registered prenatal massages available. Uh huh.

I had one bad treatment when I was there. When I contacted them, they made it right and said it would be available whenever I was able to get back. I was very pleased with their promptness in replying and care for me as a customer.

Skylon Tower
We did this on another trip but if you haven't gone up the tower at Niagara Falls, add this to your list! So worth it! My lobster tail was amazing and seeing Niagara at night was beautiful. Plus, we saw fireworks! If you want this, check in advance as fireworks are often but not every night and only at a certain time.

Greg Frewin Magic Show
Lastly, if you like magic, go to this show! It was a lot of fun. We paid extra and did the buffet before. It made it easier than trying to dine somewhere else, the cost was comparable to what we'd pay at a restaurant, and the food was surprisingly good. We had a great night!

That's it, hope you have a fantastic time away! Put those feet up and get a pedicure, I highly recommend it!

Until next time,

Canadian Country Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment